CALL FOR CONSULTANCY: Developing Operational Plan 2022-2024 for Legal and Human Rights Centre (LHRC)
Terms of Reference
Developing Operational Plan 2022-2024 for Legal and Human Rights Centre (LHRC)
Legal and Human Rights Centre (LHRC) is Tanzania’s human rights advocacy organization which was established in 1995 as a non-governmental, voluntary, non-partisan and not-for-profit sharing organization, with the purpose of working to empower and conscientize the people of Tanzania on legal and human rights.
Our Vision: LHRC envisages “a Just and Equitable Society” - a society where the three arms of state [parliament, judiciary, and the executive] as well as non-state actors practice accountability, transparency and there is rule of law; and where there is public awareness, respect and engagement for human rights and good governance; and where justice and respect for human dignity are reality.
Our Mission: Our Mission is to empower the public to promote, reinforce, and safeguard human rights and good governance in Tanzania through legal, civic education and information; sound legal research and advice; monitoring and follow-up of human rights violations; and advocacy for reforms of policies, laws, and practices in conformity with international human rights standards.
Our Values: Integrity; Accountability; Equality and Diversity; Transparency; Professionalism; Volunteerism and Voluntarism.
LHRC developed her Strategic Plan 2019-2024 which is divided into two phases of Operational Plan 2019-2021 and Operational Plan 2022-2024. The organization has successfully completed the 1st phase of the Strategic plan and is looking forward to implementing another phase of the plan 2022-2024.
PURPOSE AND SCOPE OF THE ASSIGNMENT
The purpose of this consultancy is to develop a three-year (2022-2024) Operational Plan to ensure that LHRC fulfils its mandate.
Scope of the assignment
The scope of work for the Consultant will include but not be limited to:
- Review the vision and mission based on LHRC mandate;
- Undertake stakeholder mapping and analysis;
- Undertake a situation analysis of LHRC operations to date;
- Through a consultative process and application of an appropriate tool of analysis, identify focus areas and review strategic objectives and key result areas for the same;
- Review the institutional capacity, organizational set-up, financial and administrative systems against the LHRC mandate and the identified strategic objectives and key result areas; and make recommendations, if any;
- Propose a strategy for achieving the strategic objectives and key results;
- Develop a Results and Resources Framework for the plan period;
- Hold stakeholder meeting(s) to validate the draft Operational Plan;
- Finalize Strategic plan and submit to LHRC.
- A three-year Operational plan including a results and resources framework.
- Report on the process including stakeholder consultations and workshops.
SCHEDULE OF THE ASSIGNMENT
The assignment will be carried out for 30 days including weekends and public holidays and is scheduled to take place in the period between 15th August 2020 and 16th September 2021.
The Consultant will report directly to the MEL Manager. LHRC will provide relevant background documents necessary for the assignment including, the previous strategic and operational plans, the Result Frameworks, LHRC reports. LHRC shall be responsible for the coordination of meetings and other activities under the Consultancy.
- Academic Qualifications
At least a master’s degree in a relevant field in the area of planning, public policy, development studies and Law.
- At least Seven years professional experience in strategic planning and management
- Prior working experience on Human rights and NGO issues is an added advantage.
- Demonstrated experience in working with government partners and other stakeholders in public sector development programs especially in the area of advocacy.
- At least five (5) years of experience in monitoring and evaluation, results based management
Skills and Competencies:
- Ability to work with minimal supervision;
- High level written and oral communications skills in English and Kiswahili;
- Must be result-oriented, a team player, exhibiting high levels of enthusiasm, tact, professionalism and integrity;
- Demonstrate excellent interpersonal and professional skills in interacting with government and development partners;
- Skills in facilitation of stakeholder engagements/workshops;
- Evidence of having undertaken similar assignments:
- Experience in research, policy development, management, and programming-related work.
The deadline for applications for this consultancy is 5pm on 15th August 2021.
HOW TO APPLY
Interested firms/individuals are requested to submit their application packages including both Technical and financial proposal.
The team composition must include candidate(s) with background in Law, gender and Monitoring and evaluation. The technical proposal should clearly demonstrate their skills and experience for the review process, methodology and approach and a detailed work plan.
Applications should be channelled (electronically) to Executive Director, email@example.com