ACCOUNTS ASSISTANT CUM OFFICE ADMINISTRATOR
The Legal and Human Rights Centre (LHRC) is a Tanzanian human rights advocacy organization founded in 1995 as a non-governmental, voluntary, nonpartisan, and not-for-profit sharing organization to empower and enlighten Tanzanians about their legal and human rights. LHRC has four offices, namely: the head office located in Kijitonyama, Dar es Salaam; a model legal aid office situated in Kinondoni, Dar es Salaam; and two sub-offices one located in Arusha and the other in Dodoma Regions
Title: Accounts Assistant cum Office Administrator
Duty station: Arusha
Closing date for application: 22nd October, 2023
Expected start date: 1st November 2023
An Accounts Assistant cum Administrator plays a crucial role in supporting the financial and administrative functions of the LHRC. This position involves handling a variety of accounting tasks while also managing office administrative duties to ensure the smooth operation of the LHRC Sub office in Arusha.
Duties and responsibilities
- Monitor and manage petty cash transactions and reconciliation.
- Maintain accurate and up-to-date financial records.
- Timely liquidation of petty cash and ensure all payments are supported with proper documents in accordance with Organization policies and Country laws.
- Verify and rectify inconsistencies in petty cash financial records.
- Assist in budgeting and forecasting processes for the Sub-Office
- Prepare and present to senior accountant’s regular financial reports as may be required from time to time.
- Timely payment to suppliers in accordance with organization policies
- Liaise with the Accountant for coordination and support of the annual external audit and periodic internal audits.
- Support month-end and year-end financial statements close out process.
- Input financial data into accounting software or spreadsheets.
- Collaborate with Accountant to successfully execute various accounting tasks.
- Ensure confidentiality and security of financial and administrative documents.
- Any other duties assigned by Supervisor.
- Manage office supplies and equipment, and order as needed.
- Assist in scheduling appointments, meetings, and travel arrangements.
- Coordinate office maintenance and repairs
- Liaise with Procurement unit at HQ for all Sub Office procurement needs.
- Maintain and asset register at the sub-Office and monitor their conditions and movements.
- Assist in all Sub office logistics and report to the Administration Officer at HQ
- Ensure the Office working environment is clean and safe at all the time.
- Support HR functions such as recruitment, onboarding, and documentation.
- Maintain organized and accessible electronic and physical files.
- Communicate with vendors, clients, and employees professionally and promptly.
Minimum qualifications required.
To be considered for this position, candidates must meet the following eligibility criteria:
- At least two (2) years’ working experience as a finance or accounting assistant.
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting and finance or any relevant field.
Required Knowledge, Skills, and abilities.
- Thorough knowledge of basic accounting procedures
- Knowledge of International Public Sector Accounting Standards (IPSAS)
- Awareness of NGOs operations
- Familiarity with financial statements basics
- Some experience with general ledger functions and the month-end/year-end financial statement close- out process
- Proficiency in accounting software and MS Office applications
- Advanced MS Excel skills
- Office Administration Skills
- Proven experience in accounting and administrative roles.
HOW TO APPLY
Please apply sending your cover letter and Updated CV to email@example.com
Your cover letter and up-to-date CV should be a single document, addressing how you meet the requirements of this role. No telephone inquiries. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted
Closing date: Sunday, Sunday, 22nd October 2023– midnight
LHRC is an equal-opportunity employer and does not discriminate in its selection and employment practices. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for volunteering opportunities without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, political affiliation, gender identity, marital status, disability, age, or other non-merit factors.