Program Officer, Human Rights Monitoring
Program Officer, Human Rights Monitoring will be responsible in monitoring of and response to human rights violations and enhance program implementation through Quality, Effectiveness and Timeliness
- Collect, analyze, and document gender sensitive information on human rights violation through Haki Kiganjani based on situational need.
- Conduct ad hoc fact and inclusive - finding missions on violated human rights and follow up session based on situational needs.
- Recruit and train new Females Human Rights Monitors with a particular focus on gender imbalances. and priorities
- Conduct gender sensitive capacity building to human rights monitors.
- Develop mechanism to recognize the exemplary work of human rights monitors.
- Commemorate Human Rights Days
- Produce and disseminate printed and inclusive visual materials on Haki Kiganjani.
- Develop Radio and TV programs contents on Haki Kiganjani.
- Ensure victims get access to legal Aid services.
- Ensure program is implemented towards achieving desired outputs.
- Ensure timely execution of activities and other program related duties.
- Ensure timely preparation of all programs reports.
- Continuous monitoring of project resources, activities and results, and analysis of the information to guide project implementation.
- Monthly, Quarterly, Semi-annual, and Annual assessment and analysis of an on-going or completed projects.
- Reflect upon on information generated from M&E and intentionally use to continuously improve a project's ability to achieve results.
- Contributes towards achieving LHRC vision.
- Any other duties assigned by Supervisor.
- Human Rights
- Legal Aid services
Bachelor of Law(L.L.B), Postgraduete in Legal Practice
- At least three (3) years working experience in human rights projects.
- At least three (3) years working experiences in providing Legal Aid services.
- Being advocate of high court and court subordinate to, is an added advantage.
Required Knowledge, Skills, and abilities.
- High energy individual who demonstrates flexibility in work priorities, capable of multi-tasking and operating efficiently and effectively across multiple areas of responsibility.
- Demonstrated capacity to exercise independent judgment and sound decision-making during diverse and complex organizational environments.
- Flexibility and willingness to take initiative.
- Strong team orientation, relationship-building and negotiation skills, and ability to collaborate with diverse groups of people.
- Quick learner and self-starter with a high degree of intellectual curiosity.
- Positive energy and attitude.
- A passion for LHRC's mission, vision, and values.
Preferred Language Skill :
Job Opening date : 02-Feb-2023
Job closing date : 15-Feb-2023
Click HERE to apply