Legal and Human Rights Centre (LHRC) requires the professional skills of an experienced Monitoring Evaluation and Learning Officer to join the Monitoring and Evaluation Function of the organization. LHRC is a self- reflective organization that values collective and individual learning; an important practice that has been core to its ability to remain on the cutting edge of whatever is done, renew energy as well as have the strengths to withstand processes of rusting and erosion.
At least a bachelor’s degree in Monitoring and Evaluation, project management, social sciences, environmental sciences, development studies, management, law, or any other related studies. Experience working with NGOs for at least 5 years of experience in project/programme cycle management; project/programme monitoring & evaluation, high-quality report writing, financial management, organizational development, capacity building, organizing & delivering pieces of training, organizing field events/workshops. The candidate should be fluent in Swahili and English and able to work independently with minimum supervision/guidance.
The MEL Officer will support the Programme Officers, partners and Directors mainly in the following areas:
• Developing & implement LHRC MEL strategy;
• Supporting LHRC partners in developing & implementing MEL strategies;
• Ensuring high-quality management of the ongoing LHRC programs;
• Regular monitoring of LHRC programmes to ensure timely delivery of the expected results;
• Ensuring regular & systematic monitoring & proper documentation of LHRC programmes’ outcomes and impacts;
• Planning and implementing capacity building measures for LHRC members to ensure high quality and impactful programme management/implementation;
• Supporting the development of learning materials within LHRC programmes;
• Facilitating learning and knowledge exchanges within the LHRC platform;
• Ensuring timely reporting by LHRC partners and reviewing them;
• Supporting timely and high quality reporting to LHRC donors,
• Take part in resource mobilization through participation in proposal development with other program staff.
• Design, implement and evaluate projects with an aspect of resource mobilization
Terms of Service: 2 years and seven months contract renewable.
Duty Station: Dar es Salaam, Justice Lugakingira House, Kijitonyama
Reporting to: The Executive Director
Applicants should send their applications (motivation letter & detailed C.V. including 3 references and supporting documents) to
Legal and Human Rights Centre
P.O BOX 75254
Dar Es Salaam, Tanzania
Deadline for applications: 16th May 2019. However, applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis and a successful candidate may be obtained before the deadline. Therefore, kindly send the application as soon as you can.
• Female and PWD candidates are encouraged to apply;
• Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for further details & test/interview;
• Interviews are scheduled latest by 20th May 2019;
• A successful candidate is expected to report to the office latest by the first week of June 2019;
Unleash your inner purpose to help the helpless, marginalized and oppressed. Your contribution will help our course in provision of legal aid and promotion of human rights.
Help us curb human rights violations such as the murderous attack against people with albinism and elders.
Your donation will help us empower the general public with civic education on cross cutting issues counting gender issues and democracy to realize the changes we aspire.
Help us safeguard human rights all together.
Huenda huna muda wa kutosha wala kipato cha kutosha kulinda utu na haki za wengine, ingawa unawiwa kufanya hivyo.
Ni jukumu letu sote kujitoa kwa kidogo tulichojaaliwa ili kupaka rangi ya furaha katika nyuso za wengine, wewe, yule na sisi tukikusanya nguvu tunaweza kutetea na kulinda haki za wanaoonewa kwa kushindwa kuzifikia huduma za haki.
Jitolee sasa kidogo ulichonacho kusaidia ulinzi na utetezi wa haki na utu wa binadamu.